As part of Vantage’s efforts to improve our data delivery, we have created a new shared folder through VUMC to deliver sequence data. Through this folder system, we can deliver data more quickly and flexibly. Starting April 3, 2017, you can let us know in the iLab system that you would like to have data delivered in this manner. To do so, simply include in the notes field of any projects the VUnetIDs of any users who should have access to the data, and that you would like us to deliver the data through our new system.
As of March 29, 2017, sequence.mc.vanderbilt.edu be decommissioned. If we delivered data to you between December 28, 2016 and March through sequence.mc.vanderbilt.edu, YOUR DATA ARE STILL AVAILABLE. If you are still in need of data delivery on these data, we can either copy it onto a portable hard drive, or use the shared folder system. If you have questions, you can contact us (Whomever should be emailed).
Once we have uploaded your data to the new system, you can access the data by:
On a Mac:
1. Open the Finder application.
2. From the FINDER menu, choose GO and choose CONNECT TO SERVER.
3. In the Server Address Field, enter: smb://e1filecifs.vumc.org/vantage/[PILastName]/
4. Then click connect.
5. Enter your VUnetID and ePassword and click connect.
6. Look for the folder in which your data has been delivered (usually the last name of the PI responsible for the project)
On a PC:
1. Open a WINDOWS EXPLORER window.
2. From the side bar, choose COMPUTER.
3. From the Menu Bar on top, choose MAP NETWORK DRIVE.
4. Choose any available letter you would like to use for the Drive from the Drop Down Menu.
5. In the SERVER\SHARE field enter:\\e1filecifs.vumc.org\vantage\[PILastName]
6. If you have not logged onto the computer with your VUnetID credentials, you will need to Connect using different credentials and supply your VUnetID and password.
(note, you may need to enter your VUnetID as vunetid@vanderbilt)
7. Click FINISH.
8. Look for the folder in which your data has been delivered (usually the last name of the PI responsible for the project)